ErwinB wrote:
> P.S. frankd: Still made a backup first ;-)
>
> First try
> sudo dpkg -i ./libc6_2.28-10+rpi1_i386.deb
> dpkg: error processing archive ./libc6_2.28-10+rpi1_i386.deb
> (--install):
> package architecture (i386) does not match system (armhf)
> ./libc6_2.28-10+rpi1_i386.deb
>
> I checked the first two steps of the current guide and sure enough I
> needed to do them again.
>
> Second try went better but not good enough:
> root@max2play:~# sudo dpkg -i ./libc6_2.28-10+rpi1_i386.deb
> Selecting previously unselected package libc6:i386.
> (Reading database ... 88718 files and directories currently installed.)
> Preparing to unpack ./libc6_2.28-10+rpi1_i386.deb ...
> Unpacking libc6:i386 (2.28-10+rpi1) ...
> dpkg: error processing archive ./libc6_2.28-10+rpi1_i386.deb
> (--install):
> trying to overwrite shared '/usr/share/doc/libc6/changelog.Debian.gz',
> which is different from other instances of package libc6:i386
> Processing triggers for libc-bin (2.28-10+rpi1) ...
> ./libc6_2.28-10+rpi1_i386.deb
>
> My idea was that something in a doc folder or with changelog in the
> filename could never be that important so renamed it to
> changelog.Debian.gz.bak
> Now the install works!!!
> root@max2play:~# sudo dpkg -i ./libc6_2.28-10+rpi1_i386.deb
> (Reading database ... 88718 files and directories currently installed.)
> Preparing to unpack ./libc6_2.28-10+rpi1_i386.deb ...
> Unpacking libc6:i386 (2.28-10+rpi1) ...
> Setting up libc6:i386 (2.28-10+rpi1) ...
> Processing triggers for libc-bin (2.28-10+rpi1) ...
>
> The package: libc6 section in the status file does not have a depends
> entry? So skipped that step
>
> After the rest of the guide the mixer started! The webinterface loaded
> ok BUT when I tried to do a test mix I got a segmentation fault
> Luckily I had a clear moment: I was running as root while I had copied
> the files from my previous installation to the pi users home folder
> where it was on my old 3b :-)
> After logging in as pi and starting the server the web interface loads
> and I can make a test mix!
>
> So seems to be ok now. Still need to make it startup automatically but
> its looking good.
>
> Thanks frankd !!
>
> Quite nice to see the memory usage in "top" like this:
> MiB Mem :   3854.5 total,   1514.0 free,    893.6 used,   1446.9
> buff/cache
> MiB Swap:    100.0 total,    100.0 free,      0.0 used.   2803.1 avail
> Mem
>
> On a modified Max2play installation with mip, lms, homeassistant and
> mqtt running with ~295.000 tracks

Great News.
It seems that there is only one changelog for all versions of glibc -
the installed Raspbian version should also include the changes
specifically introduced for the Raspberry while the new version has only
the original changelogs of Debian.
Good workaround - I would actually delet the new one and restore the
name of the original one (to keep the system as clean as possible).  I
think we can also make a more convenient version of the new deb package
by removing this file (note to myself: also remove the MD5 entry of the
file and TOC entry if available).

When we will have a second success report, I will update the tutorial on
the first page (It will get longer and longer with the Deb-package
modification....). The good thing is that you do not need any external
program for all of this, all can be done with a raspberry...