schoeppi wrote:
> Am 11.09.2019 um 16:54 schrieb left channel:
> >
> > Qobuz is one reason I can't recall everything about my tests of MQA
> > support. I don't need MQA, and find it an unnecessary technical
> > distraction.
>
> +1. And MQA sound not as good as normal hires files in flac format.
>
> MQA is good for the companies that get money for the special hardware
> which is needed to play MQA or for the people that get money for the
> licences, but it is for sure not good regarding sound quality.
>
> But OK, if Tidal is the only service available and e.g. Qobuz is not,
> thats weird :-(.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Schoepp

Many MQA albums sound good to me. Many do not, because those are not
really "masters" and shouldn't have been MQA'ed. Between that uneven
quality and all the technical confusion, they're really not doing
themselves any favors.

I'm happy to support anyone who wants help configuring their systems for
MQA, but it doesn't really matter to me because it does not solve any
problem — streaming Hi-Res music works just fine without "folding" — and
I've yet to be able to hear the "time domain" thing.

Neil Young and Phil Baker just published a book about Pono that touches
on their dealings with Bob Stuart, and their opinions — plus the late
great Charles Hansen's opinion — of MQA:
TO FEEL THE MUSIC: A SONGWRITER'S MISSION TO SAVE HIGH-QUALITY AUDIO
Review/excerpts: 'https://audiophilestyle.com/ca/reviews/book...'
(https://audiophilestyle.com/ca/reviews/book-review-neil-youngs-to-feel-the-music-a-songwriters-mission-to-save-high-quality-audio-r834/)
Amazon: https://amzn.to/34EocOT

LMS: SGC microJukebox running Sonicorbiter OS
Control apps: Squeezelite-X on Win 10; Squeezer or Material web app on
Android
Players: Duet, Touch (two), Mac SqueezePlay, Win Squeezelite-X on laptop
and HTPC