chill wrote:
> Excellent - thanks for doing this.  I jumped on it straight away, but I
> must have missed a step:
>
> "OK. Something unexpected happened. (Dictation is not supported in
> Siri.)"

It sounds like you are attempting to run the Scriptable script directly
from Siri, instead of using the Shortcuts app to request input.
Unfortunately that does not work (unless you also set *Always Run in
App*, but that breaks the Siri experience); see
https://talk.automators.fm/t/dictation-from-siri/3617.

Instead of using the *Add to Siri* within Scriptable you need to install
or create a shortcut within the Shortcuts app that acts as an
intermediary to act for the dictation. Step 2 of the installation
instructions on https://github.com/thoukydides/siri-squeezebox-control
is to install:
https://www.icloud.com/shortcuts/4b66dc7c872747d48228d204e58c8021

If you used the *Add to Siri* option within Scriptable before installing
the Shortcut then that will have created a shortcut that just runs the
Scriptable script. If you then installed the proper Shortcut then the
name would have clashed, so the app would have renamed it automatically
to be unique. In this case you will need to
_delete_the_wrong_shortcut_and_rename_(or_reinstall)_the_correct_one_.

If you still can’t get it to work then try running the Scriptable script
directly within its app, and the shortcut directly within the Shortcuts
app. Both of these should work, albeit without the benefits of Siri.