philchillbill wrote:
> I just verified I could navigate the menu structure. Didn’t bother
> listening if anything played. I’ll check tomorrow.
>

> Edit: It does play. But the Deezer account I'm logged in to is not mine
> and I don't see a playlist structure - just genre categories. No idea if
> that's normal or just the way my former housemate set up his account.
> When I select the Alexa Player in Material and open the Apps view, only
> Spotty shows so indeed Alexa is not a valid/recognised player for
> Deezer. Therefore indeed no streaming to Echo, although voice control
> for playback on a proper Squeezebox would work.

I agree. This means that the Alexa as a player with stream.mp3 won't
support Tidal or Deezer (or other mySB.com apps) but will work with
Spotty and Quboz as they are LMS based. It will as you say control a
proper Squeezebox and Pi based players etc and I suspect also Philippe's
bridges with Deezer and Tidal.

VB2.4[/B] STORAGE *QNAP TS419P (NFS)
[B]Living Room* - Joggler & SB3 -> Onkyo TS606 -> Celestion F20s
*Office* - Pi3+Sreen -> Sony TAFE320 -> Celestion F10s / Pi2+DAC & SB3
-> Onkyo CRN755 -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
*Dining Room* -> SB Boom
*Kitchen* -> UE Radio (upgraded to SB Radio)
*Bedroom (Bedside)* - Pi2+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
*Bedroom (TV)* - SB Touch ->Sherwood AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s
Everything controlled by iPeng