mherger wrote:
> > So Artist kind of works, but selecting an Artist (like Vivaldi) from
> > Favorites loads ten uris, with only one song available from each uri,
> > not entire albums and associated tracks.
>
> That's exactly why I asked what you expected this to do. Quite obviously
>
> you do have expectations which are not met. But it's working "as
> designed". It plays the artist's favorite tracks, not full works.
> Because you wouldn't want all works of a Frank Zappa to be queued up,
> with always the same one starting, right?
>
> > As always, appreciate any help you can provide...feel Spotty is so
> > close.  Less concerned about adding Artist to Favorites, would really
> > like to see Podcasts work as they should providing the entire
> > play...again, could be something I'm doing wrong.
>
> And again: if you play "a show", what's your expectation? Should it play
>
> all episodes available? Most recent first or by their release order?
> Only un-heard or all of them? It's really hard to have a single press of
>
> a button do exactly what you want it to do, unless you know exactly what
>
> is possible. And you have control over its behaviour. But you won't have
>
> that.
>
> --
>
> Michael

Fair questions.  So I'm modeling this after my experience with LMS where
I find when you select an Artist marked as a Favorite, LMS takes you to
all the Albums of the Artist, as you're suggesting (but yes, this is
what I would desire).  If you click Play of an Artist, LMS will play
albums/songs in their order (alpha name for Album, track order for
songs), unless you have chosen to Shuffle by Song or Shuffle by Album.
I would like that same experience selecting a Favorite Artist from
Spotify ideally.  I choose this because it would be great to shuffle
albums from the entire Spotify catalog for great classical artists as an
example, and to shuffle songs from the entire catalog of great
Pop/Rock/Jazz artists.  The top 10 don't excite me...but I appreciate
that there may be limits technically, or conflicts in desired use
cases.

As for Podcasts marked as Favorite, pretty much the same except there is
no notion of Album, so just podcasts in order of most recent published
date.  Hopefully this helps...and I certainly appreciate that not all of
this may be workable.