mherger wrote:
> > I find when you select an Artist marked as a Favorite, LMS takes you
> > all the Albums of the Artist, as you're suggesting (but yes, this is
> > what I would desire).
>
> Aha. That's quite bit different from the generic "play the artist"
> phrase before :-).
>
> I'm not sure navigating would easily be possible. The music service
> menus are pretty much non-aware of what they're showing. It's always
> only the series of steps how you got there which defines what it is. And
>
> these steps can change. The case for local music is hard-coded in the
> favorite's handler. I don't know whether I could find a generic way to
> do this for any kind of source.
>
> > If you click Play of an Artist, LMS will play
> > albums/songs in their order (alpha name for Album, track order for
> > songs), unless you have chosen to Shuffle by Song or Shuffle by
> Album.
>
> IMHO that's not what I'd want. Not to mention that it's much harder to
> implement in a music service than for local media, where I have full DB
>
> access. I'd have to get artist's albums list, then for each album the
> track list. With some artists this could easily generate hundreds of
> queries for a single artist. Keep in mind that on music services you
> have _all_ albums a user has ever been played on. This can be albums,
> EPs, collaborations etc.
>
> It would be slow and a potential risk for the overall Spotty experience,
>
> as Spotify does apply rate limiting (you're only allowed to do x queries
>
> by y time units - without documenting what is allowed or not...)
>
> > The top 10 don't excite me...
>
> Use DSTM and let the playback continue after that.
>
> > As for Podcasts marked as Favorite, pretty much the same except there
> is
> > no notion of Album,
>
> Consider the podcast (show) the album, and the individual episodes the
> tracks. It's pretty much the same concept.
>
> > so just podcasts in order of most recent published date.
>
> There's a per-player preference to sort the episodes this way or the
> other (in case you wanted to binge-listen them in order of release).
>
> --
>
> Michael

Understood, thanks.  Btw, what is DSTM?

All that said, back to my first objective, getting podcasts from Spotify
to play in full, was my log helpful in any way, or do you need me to be
more targeted with the output...still learning how to gen a useful log,
had some strange problems seeing latest output from LMS, wasn't showing
as I would expect.  Any help/direction here to facilitate resolving this
issue greatly appreciated - getting this alone resolved would be huge.
And am I the only one reporting such an issue?  If so, wondering whats
unique with my instance..logs, yes.