And to elaborate a bit on what I'm doing, basically instead of
subclassing an HTTP object, I'm subclassing an IO::Handle and I handle
sysread myself. In sysread, I'm opening a persistent connection and I'm
doing 64kB range requests. I thought I had dealt with speed issues
because I'm not waiting for sysread calls to do the GET. The fetching
function has a 256kB buffer that it tries to fill as quickly as possible
when it gets a kick by sysread. I don't have stuttering issues here,
could you when you have time, look at the log and see if the connection
is being closed often?

Do I need to enable (the rather verbose) DEBUG level, or is there something less noisy?

--

Michael