mherger wrote:

> Hmm... that sounds really odd. Like intermittent networking issues or
> something.

I agree that it's odd, but the setup (which includes a server running on
a Gigabyte Brix, Squeezelite running on the same, two Duet receivers, a
Squeezebox radio and a Squeezebox Boom) still works flawlessly for
locally stored music, SoundCloud and BBC iPlayer. Up until recently,
Spotty was working perfectly as well and we were listening up to 10
hours a day. I'm trying to rack my brains to think what changed but
without success :(

mherger wrote:

> I'm not too familiar with squeezelite. You might want to ask in a
> squeezelite related thread what that message means.

I don't think Squeezelite is the problem here, because I get the same
problem when I desynchronise the Squeezelite-based player and run Spotty
to, say, the Squeezebox Radio. I'm also really surprised I can't spot
anything in the logs - I would expect that when the stream of data stops
one of the processes working on that stream should say something about
it.

I'd like to work down to the Spotty helper tool command line and run
that to watch it but when I copy the Spotty command lines I see in `ps`
I get a PermissionDenied. Are there docs (or code?) somewhere I can
follow to shows how the Spotty command lines are strung together? I
presume one to pull a token from Spotify and cache it, and then another
to use that token to get a stream. Can I use Spotty on its own to direct
the Spotify stream into a raw device so I can remove all the other
machinery from the equation? Or better yet drive down until I'm on
`curl` or something similarly basic, so I can see if there is anything
wrong with my Spotify account itself.

I'm also not sure if there's anywhere accessible at the Spotify end
where they keep a log of API-driven access. Are you aware of a console
of any sort I could see there to locate any errors?

Peter