Ron F. wrote:
> I think I finally stumbled upon the source of the problem, sorry that I
> am slow to figure things out...
>
> The transition works if the image that "Now Playing" is transitioning to
> is already in the browser's cache. If I play a playlist loaded from
> Spotify for example, then the first time through the playlist, the fade
> fails to work properly for every track. Then if I start the playlist
> over from the beginning, it works perfectly the second time through!
>
> The same with streaming Radio Paradise, or Qobuz, most of the tracks
> have not been played since the last time I cleared the cache, but
> occasionally it does work, if the track was played recently.
>
> I usually dump the browser's cache images and files after updating
> material from Github.

Yeah, I was doing the fade out/in when the URL changes - not when the
image was loaded. I'm using a library to do lazy loading of images, and
this allows me to fadeIn when an image is loaded - all via CSS. So, I'll
change mey codde for this - but it means only fade in, not fade out.

*Material debug:* 1. Launch via http:
//SERVER:9000/material/mobile?auto=false&debug=json 2. Open browser's
developer tools 3. Open console tab in developer tools 4. REQ/RESP
messages sent to/from LMS will be logged here.