I got my 'Table' speaker out today and although it booted and connected
to WiFi it didn't register with LMS and there was no web interface on
the IP address.

So I have re-installed using PiCore Player v6.0.0 Real Time Kernel - set
up for my JustBoom Amp Zero hat, and it's all working fine, except that
the rotary encoder volume knob I installed ages ago isn't working.

I can't recall how I got it working, but when trying to find out I did
realise that my old distro was Max2Play anyway!  Is there a 'setting' in
the PiCore distro for hardware volume control with this card?  I don't
really want to go back to Max2Play as my other systems are mainly PiCore
(one is volumio at the moment).

There seems to be something on github, but I can't recall it being that
complicated last time.