FYI, the error I get with Jens' version is

Can't load Plugins::LiveDepartures::Plugin for Plugins menu: Undefined
subroutine &Plugins::LiveDepartures::Plugin::getDisplayName called at
/PerlApp/Slim/Utils/PluginManager.pm line 257.

Perhaps this is a Windows/Linux difference? (I'm on Win XP Pro SP2).

You're right about the whole issue of how plugins like this interact,
and the use of SaverSwitcher or something else to select.

Of course if you're thinking ahead I guess you should also be looking
at the not-very-far-away-now impact of 7.0 which I believe changes
quite a few things for plugins.  Maybe worth bringing up in the
Developers list?

Ceejay

--
ceejay