results, please visit http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=79524
Question: Are you interested in IR-over-IP?

- Yes, I'd like to have IRoIP.
- No, I don't care.

Because currently there is no way to 'have SqueezeIR send signals on
player state changes'
(https://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?79524-SqueezeIR-Support-Thread&p=972874&viewfull=1#post972874),
I wrote a little plugin that allows me powers on
and off my amplifier whenever the attached controller is turned on or
off.

While working on that plugin, I read about and experimented with the
server's command line interface, as documented in the server's help
pages. Using telnet, one can subscribe to events like a player being
turned on. Would it be possible to utilize that in SqueezeIR? Then, the
applet could react to player state changes (like power or volume) by
sending IR signals. Concentrating this functionality in the applet and
specifying it in IR-o-IP configuration would be much nicer that having
to use and additional plugin, I think. I'm sure you'd love to add that
functionality :-).