I was looking at the lyrics for a track ("The Scarecrow" by "Avantasia")
in Material and I noticed the display has invalid characters. In Windows
with Chrome these appear as squares, with Chromium under Linux they're
even weirder! For some reason Firefox does not show the square. When I
look at the cached lyrics file it has:

Code:
--------------------

  Rise to fame â<80><94> time will come

--------------------

This is in 'vi' - which shows the binary as <number>.

If i Look at AZlyrics.com it has:

Code:

  Rise to fame — time will come

Perhaps the "—" is causing issues?

SqueezeCtrl also shows messed up characters, and the default web UI just
shows the "â"

*Material debug:* 1. Launch via http: //SERVER:9000/material/?debug=json
2. Open browser's developer tools 3. Open console tab in developer tools
4. REQ/RESP messages sent to/from LMS will be logged here.