I did some investigation, and the corruption appears to come after the
call to 'as_HTML' in AZLyrics.pm - but I'm not sure where the issue
lies. As a quick work-around, if i replace the emdash with a regular
dash in the HTML before its processed then the issue goes away. Updated
AZLyrics.pm attached.

As mentioned before this rather is a generic encoding issue. Replacing particular characters might be a short term solution. But aren't some of your examples special quotes, too? They'd all need to be replaced. I'd rather have a generic solution. But your collection should help me with this.
--

Michael