bpa wrote:
> PlayHLS looks for m3umu8 extension as it is ambiguous - it can be an m3u
> ordinary playlist or a HLS playlist - the only is by looking inside so
> plugin has to be the preferred handler of m3umu8.
>
> This could be a conflict between plugins maybe WIMP/TIDAL. What other
> plugins have you installed and there may have another plugin trying to
> process m3umu8
>
> What is in the testA.m3u ?
>
> edit:
>
> ssp type is not "standard".
> How did you create the testA.m3u ?

testA.m3u was created via the LMS web UI and contains:

Code:
--------------------
    #CURTRACK 0
  #EXTM3U
  #EXTURL:file:///volume1/Music/Adele/25/01%20Adele%20-%20Hello.mp3
  #EXTINF:295,Hello
  /volume1/Music/Adele/25/01 Adele - Hello.mp3

#EXTURL:file:///volume1/Music/Adele/21/01%20Adele%20-%20Rolling%20In%20The%20Deep.m4a
  #EXTINF:229,Rolling In The Deep
  /volume1/Music/Adele/21/01 Adele - Rolling In The Deep.m4a

I had originally thought I had permission problems with my playlists and
so there had been a lot of test playlists.  Some created via web ui,
some manual, some that had worked for months - all started to appear as
empty.  I'd reinstalled LMS and they re-appeared ... until I reinstalled
PlayHLS.
(original thread re empty playlists
https://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?108532-Only-new-playlists-work-after-a-rescan-they-appear-empty/page2)

I just looked and TIDAL was enabled.  I disabled, re-enabled PlayHLS,
rescanned, and still empty playlists.