slartibartfast wrote:
> Does everything work if you uninstall the material skin plugin?
>
> Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

No.  That is the odd part.  Installing material skin seemed to change a
number of functions that did not return to previous typical function
upon reinstalling the default GUI, and it also changed related functions
in iPeng on my mobile devices.

One of the most annoying persisting issues is that the only way I can
get new music into my LMS Library is to do a full "clear and rescan" of
my library, simply "checking for new and changed" music no longer works;
additionally only importing "all song data" works, I can no longer "only
read mixable status" from Music IP.  What is also confusing is that
sometimes the failed scans show successful completed import of the
correct number of tracks from Music IP, BUT it does not add them to the
LMS library.  It only adds to the LMS library if I meet the just
explained criteria when configuring the scan, and even then there is an
occasional failed scan whereby it shows Music IP import successful, but
does not add to the library, effectively deleting my 115,000 track
library except for 700 tracks on playlists in a different location.

Another funky change with installing Material Skin is that the viewable
playlist no longer shows the previous tracks of a random playlist, only
current and upcoming.  I have worked around this by installing Michael
Hergers "what song was that?" plugin, but that only has value when
sitting at my PC, not on my Mobile devices running iPeng which is my
most common way to manage playback.

The ultimate solution could be clean reinstall of LMS, but I'm not sure
if I should use current, previous or Beta versions (nor whether I should
even reinstall Material Skin. As much as I am impressed with it's
functionality aside from the annoying glitchiness it has introduced into
my setup, It's not a good time personally for troubleshooting and
reconfiguring as it could take awhile to find the correct, or best,
combination of server/GUI.