mherger wrote:
> > Logitech Media Server Version: 7.8.0 - 1395409907 @ Thu Mar 27
> 13:20:53
> > PDT 2014
>
> Update your LMS. Six years is a lot of missed development...
>
> --
>
> Michael

Thanks for the response Michael - I was afraid you would say that! ;)

Is 7.9.3 the current "stable" and 8.0 the "new"?  Are either acceptable
choices? (it needs to rock solid stable for WAF in this house! ;) )

I also have to decide what to do with my OS as that needs updating also
(have been putting that off also, due to the change from SysInit to
SystemD between my current server Ubuntu version and 20.04...).

Are there any Perl implications/requirements for 7.9.3 vs .8.0?  I see
someone has had 8.0 working on 20.04 so I suppose I should go the whole
hog and jump to that (and follow the "fixes" post install referenced
here:
https://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?111249-Will-LMS-run-on-Ubuntu-18-04-20-04/
)

Cheers,