Jeff07971 wrote:
> You've discovered 2 of the three "Dont's" of powerline networking !

More rediscovered. Again. And again. I didn't claim to learn quickly.

Jeff07971 wrote:
> They must connect directly to an electrical outlet – Powerline adapters
> don’t work properly when connected to surge protectors, power strips, or
> UPS units.

Not so much of a problem with the relatively clean supply here
(Australia) - they work fine on a powerstrip *without* surge protection
(even OK with power strips with basic fuses) - I've got one sharing with
a monitor and an old school amp with a ferrite transformer. Only goes
pear shaped when the powerline has a high noise power supply close to
it.