Thank you for the responses.

HB64 wrote:
> You've put the plugin in the wrong place, I believe that on PiCore you
> have to create a folder called "Plugin in the
> "/usr/local/slimserver/Cache" or "/mnt/mmcblk0p2/tce/slimserver/Cache"
> folder, then restart LMS trough the Picorewebpage and it gets installed
> and survives a restart.
> For your convenience, I also place the latest version as an attachment,
> unzip it and copy it to where it belongs.

The folder /usr/local/slimserver is piCorePlayer is a symlink to
/mnt/mmcblk0p2/tce/slimserver, so it's the same.

I tried using the zip provided, but it gets erased at slimserver
startup:
LMS finds Trackstat, a pop-up in the web-interface says it should be
updated, and gives the option to restart LMS (piCore is not restarted).
After restart, the folder is gone.

I think I will downgrade LMS.
In case anybody is interested, here are the instructions
https://www.picoreplayer.org/how_to_upgrade_lms.shtml