Seeing how you've dispatched problems that seemed on their face
difficult with ease, maybe you could implement this; when a playlist is
loaded into the play queue, remember its name for subsequent saving of
said queue to a playlist of the same name.

As craig mentioned this feature is part of LMS already - albeit slightly broken.

The memory of that playlist
does not need to persist across LMS restarts (though that would be nice
because playing queue is), but it would be very desirable for it to
persist across browser restarts. Easy? Doable?

The name would not persist across LMS restarts. But as it's server-side, it does persist across browsers etc.

Unfortunately not. Early releases of Material displayed the name of the
current playlist, but if you save this as a new name the status message
from LMS still has the old name - so this was removed. See
https://github.com/Logitech/slimserver/issues/227 If that was fixed,
then yes I would show and use that as the initial value in the save
dialog.

I committed a fix to LMS8. If you could give it a try? Binaries should be out shortly. If that's good, I'll back-port to 7.9.

--

Michael