Hi there. My sincere apologies for not getting back sooner - I was
expecting to get a notification, but apparently didn't get one. I'll
check why that's not happening.

I'll do some more playing with streaming  to Alexa based on what you've
said and done. However the Favourites problem is more of a concern right
now.

I use the dynamic playlists approach simply because some of my playlists
are quite large, and therefore take time to load. I've run up against
the time-out limit several times already, although it does at least
start eventually so it's less of an issue.

However, there is also a limit on the number of tracks that can be
loaded, which means that typically it only ever loads the first subset
of tracks from the list, and I never hear the later tracks. I could
change the number of tracks being loaded, but that also impacts the time
before LMS gets to play the first track, so more timeouts.

Dynamic playlists eliminates all of that by randomly selecting a small
subset of tracks from the list, and then adding more tracks to the list
as required. Very quick to start playing the first track, keeps the
current playlist small, and consumes fewer resources to keep going
through a long list.

Our favourites hierarchy is to some extent a legacy issue due to the way
I previously implemented remote controllers on players (long story,
won't bore you with it). I'll reduce it back to a flat list in the next
couple of days and try again.

Many thanks,
Richard

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk