Hi, I have installed squeezelite on my raspberry pi 4 to play some music
on my sailing boat (were the RPI4 runs opencpn for navigation etc).
I use the Buster version of "Raspian Pi OS". The squeezelite installs
nicely but I get no sound and the control (from LMS) is somewhat
strange.
I have tested both the straight debian "squeezelite" package and the
"squeezelite-pa" but find no difference.

I can play music through the audio outlet from other sources.
If I stop the service and start squeezelite manually from the terminal
window everything works as expected. I can start as root through sudo or
as user "pi" (have access to the audio group etc.).

If I use the pulsemixer it nicely reports that squeezelite is using the
output (when started manually) but when started as service squeezelite
is not detected.

I also tested a fresh picoreplayer image but no sound at all. Same image
works perfecly OK running on the older RPI3.