- tried using a touch in the spotify-connect mode, but every now and
and
then it would stop working; the device would be seen in the spotify
app,

This unfortunately is a known issue.

ok, that's too bad. Is this a spotify lib/api limitation?

No, I believe it's a combination of the playback issues seen below and the complexity of having multiple systems who believe they were in control of the streaming: both LMS and Spotify want to be the playback master, and try to be. Keeping them in sync is not easy, and I believe there's some wierd interaction going on sometimes stopping playback.

--

Michael