bossanova808 wrote:
> Yeah - so zapping IS a standard feature of LMS that has been around
> for-just-about-ever.
>
> By default, it's accessible by the remote (rather than the classic
> skin)....if you press and hold the 'add' button when any song is
> playing, it is removed from the queue and added to the Zapped Songs
> playlist.
>
> You can then choose what to do with this playlist - e.g. this method can
> be used to take one playlist and create from it another playlist that is
> a shortlist (just rename Zapped Songs to something else...).  Or it can
> be used to make a list of songs that need some sort of attention
> (metadata fixing, favourites from an album, lots of use cases
> really...). [/url]

Yes. This is a feature that I used quite a lot back in the early days of
Squeezebox, before we had graphic controllers/apps. I would use the
remote to ID tracks of interest for various reasons, as you note. I
could then review it when I was back at my PC.  I have not needed or
used it in many years, and had forgotten about it until it recently
popped up again in Material Skin.