I've upgraded now and am pleased to say it works.
It still doesn't play on SqueezePlay for Windows, but I'm not overly
fussed by this, as long as it plays on my hardware players.

I haven't upgraded LMS beyond 7.9.2 as it appears patches need to be
applied to my DSM, which I'm not quite ready for yet.

*RadioFeeds UK & Ireland..* an up-to-date radio directory for your
Squeezebox/Transporter/UE Smart Radio.. available from the
mysqueezebox.com App Gallery.
Bonus: our RadioFeeds LMS plugin also lists AAC *and the BBC's
high-quality HLS streams* on top of what's available in our MSB app.
-Now with over 1000 registered users-, it's available for Logitech Media
Server (and Squeezebox Server, SqueezeCenter and SlimServer).
Click for more info: *http://www.radiofeeds.co.uk/squeeze*