mherger wrote:
> There's no need really to build it. It all runs from the source if you
> want. But what are you trying to do?

TL;DR: I want to add ratings to tracks individually while browsing an
album.

In the Default and Classic skins it is possible to rate tracks from the
album view. I find it very convenient when listening to an album to be
able to rate songs but not necessarily while they are playing. I don't
always get to it during the song. I asked in 'post 5227'
(https://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?109624-Announce-Material-Skin&p=987988&viewfull=1#post987988)
if Craig would be willing to add that functionality to Material Skin
since it's in the two other skins. He's not, but said that I'm willing
to do so and make a pull request. I'm attempting to do that...and learn
about LMS plugin development and JavaScript all at the same time. Yay!

I've forked the repository and inspected the HTML to see that the <div>
with the @class equal to v-list__tile__sub-title is the place where the
rating stars appear.

My guess is that the current logic says something like: if rating
exists, show it; else show nothing. I would like to change it to: if
rating exists, show it; else show empty rating (that is
clickable/settable). That, to me, means it's not a simple CSS change but
a JavaScript change somewhere.

I've searched the repo and I can't find exactly where that code exists.
I think it's in browse-page.js, perhaps line 163, but I'm not certain.

I do see that some of the JavaScript files are minified. Based on my
extremely limited knowledge, if the file is minified in the distributed
version, there's likely an unminified version elsewhere that the
developer actually uses when making changes. I mention this because my
search has shown that v-list__tile__sub-title is in vuetify.min.js. Like
I said, I don't know enough to know whether a change in this file (or
the file that produces this file) is needed.