bpa wrote:
> Are you on 1.6.9 which was an update about 4 months ago - I think to
> deal with some of this issue.
>
> Separately, since March - BBC seems to have reduced the level of detail
> in "Now Playing" info on many stations - R3 seems to least affected. Not
> sure if this is Covid related or part of long term plan.   The plugins
> uses a feed which no longer seems to be used by the BBC Web player and I
> am concerned that BBC is moving away from providing "now playing" info
> at a track level or at least using an easily accessible feed which
> provide this information.
>
> The benchmark of "Now Playing " is what can be seen using BBC Browser
> based player - I try to make sure plugin can provide similar level of
> information.
>
> edit:
>
> Can you clarify - are you using a LMS App to access spotty to search for
> the currently playing track ?
>
> I don't know spotty capabilities, but is there a way to provide track
> info in a BBCIplayer context menu for Spotty

Hi

Yes I am on the latest version of BBCiplayer 1.6.9 which works very well
and I must emphasise that this is only a very minor issue. When I access
Radio 3 on my browser, I get the same information. In other words, I
don't receive the name of the piece that is actually playing, but only a
summary of the programme - i.e. Proms Concert etc...

I have just been onto Radio three on my laptop and I think that I have
the answer. The BBC have rebranded their radio broadcasts as BBC
"sounds" which is not accessible through iplayer but separately, and
when you go to Radio 3 on BBC sounds you do not get the individual
pieces playing but only the summary of the programme. So it would seem
that it is no longer possible to get the tracks. Shame in my view but
probably unresolvable.

To answer your question on the LMS App, on a touch screen device if  you
pressed the "now playing" information it would ask you if you wanted to
find the track on your own music library or in Spotty. if you select
spotty it will search Spotify for the track, and usually give you a
number of choices (different orchestras, conductors, live, studio etc).
However that now can't be done. You can still search if you hear the
presenter announce the music, but no shortcut now.

Not a big deal but it was a pretty cool way of accessing the music.

Anyhow thank you for all your work. I use your iplayer almost every day
and very much appreciate it. Best wishes from Scotland!