afriend wrote:
> Just to be sure: did you mean
> without deleting missing files from the -database- (= not cleaning the
> databse)
> or
> without deleting them (= not deleting the actual -files-)?

both

> in case you meant the first, would Musly recognize invalid files and
> exclude them from its suggestions?

Musly won't, but LMS will

> And wouldn't the database get cluttered over time?

Not an issue unless you have tens of thousands of dead entries in the
DB.

> BTW how satisfied are you with the suggestions?

fairly, depends on the music type. good with some, strange tangents with
others.
I'd suggest checking out the integration with extgui4lms, as you can
interactively find similar tracks just by clicking on any track in the
playlist
31895

> And is Musly the only -local- option or is there a -locally- hosted
> alternative that works just as well and is maybe easier to setup?

AFAIK, MusicIP is the only alternative (the motivation to write LMS
Musly and LMS Essentia was actually to replace it for me)

|Filename: eg-mus.png                                               |
|Download: http://forums.slimdevices.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=31895|

'Various SW' (https://www.nexus0.net/pub/sw/): Web Interface | TUI |
Playlist Editor / Generator | Music Classification | Similar Music |
Announce | EventTrigger | Chiptunes | LMSlib2go | ...
'Various HowTos' (https://www.nexus0.net/pub/documents/LMS/): build a
self-contained LMS | Bluetooth/ALSA | Control LMS with any device | ...