This happens on my Touch & Squeezeboxes, SB Receiver I did not check...
I use Spotify Connect Mode. Last year I solved the problem by disabling
ogg for Spotty in File Type Settings... now this doesn’t help anymore...
I also tried PCM-only (no FLAC), that did help for a day, then the
problem reoccured. At least the problem doesn’t seem to be
bandwith-related?
There is a pattern, could it be a kind of faulty “query” between Spotty
and Spotify? It seems to me as if not enough stream data gets cached by
Spotty, sorry for my amateurish guessing 😔

Always check your server.log file. Any hint about what could be wrong? Did anything about your environment change? Windows? Network?

--

Michael