mherger wrote:
> > I currently run LMS on a Seagate Dockstar as a server (HDD connected
> by
> > USB) running Debian Wheezy. My players are all Pis running pCP. Would
> > you suggest replacing the Dockstar with a Pi running LMS and
> continuing
> > with the players only running pCP? Or adding LMS to one of the
> players?
> > I'd like to have the most reliable and supported setup.
>
> This also depends on the Dockstar's hardware. In many cases a Pi reading
>
> files from a NAS would be much faster than running LMS on the NAS
> itself. In that case it's definitely worth investing in a Pi (3B+ or
> later).
>
> --
>
> Michael

Well I took an even bigger plunge and bought a Pi3, fresh install of
pCp, LMS and associated tinkery bits and Spotty (4.4.1) is now working
perfectly. Spotify Connect devices are correctly and permanently
announced and the interface is now lightning fast.
The old Dockstar unit served me well for 10years and was still reliable
for file serving, but the Pi3 is much faster and has apparently solved
my issue>
Many thanks for your help and the masses of work you do to keep this
held together.
Mark

4 Pis running piCoreplayer served by LMS on a Seagate Dockstar running
Squeezeplug . All controlled from the sluggish Web UI :( and the
sensational Squeezecommander App