philippe_44 wrote:
> Unfortunately it looks to me that the Revo always wants to receive a
> small chunk of data, like 128kB by doing a range-request, and then never
> follow-up. I don't support range-request (because it's not a static
> content I have), so I don't answer to range-request by a 206, but by a
> 200 which, AFAIK, is the right answer (can't do range, but here is the
> whole content). Problem is that their HTTP and/or UPnP management stack
> seem to be broken, like many. It is incorrect and non-compliant to
> assume that a HTTP source has random access to content. You can try, but
> if the answer from the server is "no", and you fail with that response,
> then your client is incorrect.

Thanks for the reply Philippe, I think I understand.

Is the 'range-request' the reverse DNS? I ask because I can see the rDNS
request from the Revo coming in to my DNS and I can see that it responds
correctly (with the server name) It's entirely possible I'm conflating
the 2 things (range-request and rDNS) when I actually have 2 issues.
Either way, it looks like I can't stream to the Revo due to some
technical issue beyond our resolution (short of asking Revo for a patch
on a long-since non-supported product!)