manx wrote:
> Synology hasn't deprecated LMS as such (its not their package) but they
> will be updating Perl which will cause incompatibility. Probably the
> simplest course of action is not to update to DSM7/PERL5.28 and keep
> what you have working as it is. Its the option I'll be taking for the
> foreseeable anyway.

Correct, updating PERL will make LMS unusable. To me as user I'd like an
updated DSM and a working LMS all in same place, understand that will be
possible no more.
On the other side if DSM 7 upgrade Docker version I could learn and play
with Home Assistant.

So I've decided to experiment with a Raspberry and already bought all
components, will try piCore and if one day something more interesting
comes out will use the Rasp for something else.

As for a Christmas play project it's good....

Thanks all.

g.