tw99 wrote:
> I've tried swapping over to BBC Sounds for live listening (even though
> this still works from BBC iPlayer plugin).
>
> I'm finding that the way the player display is managed becomes quite
> distracting and a bit annoying. I think this might have also been
> discussed earlier in the thread, but what I see is a switch between the
> "current track playing" artwork and the "programme presenter" artwork,
> every 10-20 seconds or so.
>
> If I'm listening on a PC, this means I've got a player window in the
> corner of my vision that keeps updating and attracting my attention.
> Similarly on my phone unless I turn it over so I can't see the screen !
> I think the way that iPlayer handled this was much more effective as it
> changed a lot less.
>
> It would certainly be very useful to have an option to have a less-noisy
> display, even if it was just to stop the track artwork being used and
> keeping the programme artwork there constantly.

Sorry you find it distracting.
Adding in user preference options increases my testing vector quite
considerably.  So I've tried to keep that to a minimum by creating what
I like, and hope that is what most other people want too.  Once all the
features are there and bugs have stopped being raised,  I plan to add in
user preferences, time allowing.  However much I enjoy it, and I want to
help people out, there is only so much free time I can give up for this
stuff.
For info, if there is music track info,  it displays the programme and
track info in a 4:2 ratio to the audio data, so  ~ 26 seconds for the
programme data, 13 seconds for the track data.

*BBC Sounds Plugin Wiki* :
https://github.com/expectingtofly/LMS_BBC_Sounds_Plugin/wiki