I am trying to control a smart power outlet so that a squeezeplayer
state controls it.
The idea is to power the amp when the player is in use, but not
otherwise.

I thought it would be easy but can't seem to find how...

I have Home Assistant and LMS integration. I can tell a player to turn
on or off from HA.
But what I need is for HA to do an action when the player goes on or
off, and it doesn't seem to have this option.

My power outlet runs Tasmota. Therefore, I can change its power state
with MQTT or directly by http like so

http://192.168.x.x/cm?cmnd=Power%20Off

The plug is also using MQTT trough a browser, but I don't think the
player will be MQTT compatible.

I thought about just running a script from the player on state change,
but what's available on piCorePlayer is a script execution trigerred by
gpio... Which won't do the same.

Anyone knows of a working path? Am I not seeing something that would
make this work?

Any ideas of what next to try?

Thanks a lot.