Hellp Philippe,

I am happy to report that the stereo cast feature does, indeed, work
fine in the chromecast plugin.  While it does not yield quite as strong
a stereo separation as one might expect, but it does indeed work !  I
picked a song I knew had strong separation (what is and what should
never be by Led Zeppelin) and there is definitely a left and right
working within a pair of identical speakers that I have set up to be a
"speaker pair" in the android google home app.  It works in LMS.  Now
that is pretty darn cool if you ask me !  The speakers I am testing are
the inexpensive Next mini (gen 2).  I am wondering what this would sound
like with the really nice Home Max or Nest Audio.  To me, this is a game
changer for chromecast technology.

On the run away chromecast plugin app, I have reported this before, and
it persists.  I would be happy to debug this and eliminate the problem.
The only thing I can think of is that if I don't stop the cast before I
stop LMS, perhaps it keeps running because of that.  I have seen similar
issues outside of LMS using a phone app that plays sound through a cast
speaker.  I can turn off the app on the phone, or even turn off the
phone altogether, or take it completely out of the house, and the cast
speakers will continue to keep playing until I uncast the speakers with
the Google Home app on the phone.  Perhaps it is something similar going
on with this LMS plugin.  The only way I can consistently get rid of it
is to kill the process on my Linux server while it is running one of my
cores at 100% cpu with no sound being played at all.