Got this to work with tee - finally comprehended what you were saying. I
did the following:

1. Disabled PCM under Settings/Advanced/Filetypes for WaveInput.
2. Appended | tee /tmp/wavinputrecord.flc to the wavin flc command
line.
3. Rebooted LMS and pCP. Verified player operations.
4. Started the WaveInput got proper playback and observed the file being
created in the tmp directory.

After playing/recording for a while, stopped the plugin, transferred the
file over to my Win-10 box, and played it without issues. So I 'm good
to go.

Many thanks for all the help and the patience in straightening this out
for me - I learned a fair amount in going through this process.