slartibartfast wrote:
> I updated to the latest LMS 8.1.1 while my Radio was still playing my
> alarm radio station. Normally if I do this then the default alarm sound
> is triggered when LMS shuts down but not this time. This is probably the
> first time I have done this since updating the firmware so has something
> changed?
>
> Edit. I just tried restarting the server again while an alarm was active
> and it took more than 60 seconds before the fall back alarm sounded.
> This used to be virtually instantaneous so something seems to be wrong.

There have been changes to the alarm handling code, but, as far as I am
aware, only those that Logitech made between SqueezePlay versions 7.7
and 7.8. Recall that v7.8 was never released for the Radio. So I would
now expect the alarm handling on the Radio to match that on a Touch or a
Controller. Do you know if a similar issue has already been raised for
those two devices ?

My own testing has been limited to ensuring that alarms worked, but I
did not approach the sort of circumstances you describe. I have linked
to the set of patches that Logitech made, does anything look as if it
might be a "culprit" ?

ALARM - UNIFYING LOG MESSAGES
https://github.com/ralph-irving/squeezeos-squeezeplay/commit/38ac526c365347fb028f8f1b373fb923366aa3b8#diff-8f6a3931202a3f818426616345866cfa7c555140afeab72faa0a91fadd47c38f

ALARM
- Server input via alarm notification is only used to set or clear an
alarm time
- Server does not actually start the alarm process on the player (that
is done by RTCAlarmTimer)
- Server only starts to play the choosen playlist at the alarm time
- A separate timer is used for snoozing (snoozeTimer) instead of sharing
the alarm timer (RTCAlarmTimer)
- Check for good audio has been extended to a total of 60 seconds (was
25 seconds) to allow more time for slow radio stations
https://github.com/ralph-irving/squeezeos-squeezeplay/commit/0afad3525ff7f0194a220027db574a3350364d81#diff-8f6a3931202a3f818426616345866cfa7c555140afeab72faa0a91fadd47c38f

ENABLE THE BACKUP ALARM TO HANDLE A REPEATING ALARM (ON SELECTED DAYS)
Store additonal infomation provided by the server for a given alarm like
alarm time, repeat status and selected days.
When the alarm fires check this additional information to rearm the RTC
timer accordingly.
https://github.com/ralph-irving/squeezeos-squeezeplay/commit/30995d51732fcf1f7579f0c8bf568cef7b44d5d0#diff-8f6a3931202a3f818426616345866cfa7c555140afeab72faa0a91fadd47c38f

DEFECT 83 - ALARM TIMEOUT DOES NOT WORK
Alarm timeout timer needs to run whenever the alarm window is on screen
not only when the fallback alarm fires.
Reason: the timeout timer is responsible to remove the alarm window,
stop the polling etc.
https://github.com/ralph-irving/squeezeos-squeezeplay/commit/d5d4e0590a1b962395f00535453276b3baa429b4#diff-8f6a3931202a3f818426616345866cfa7c555140afeab72faa0a91fadd47c38f