Hello, first post.

Thanks for SqueezeLite-X, good looking and very useful.

I'm experiencing Dropouts when listening to MP3 files served via LMS.
Seems like those dropouts that were reported earlier.
The problem seems to be with SqeezeLite running on Windows, not LMS.

I'm using SqueezeLite-X 2.7.11 and the embedded player is
squeezelite-x64.exe version 1.9.8.1307
The process squeezelite-x64.exe runs about 10 threads.

Looking at the processes using Task-Manager, Process Monitor, Process
Explorer and the like I can see the following sequence of events:

1. When starting a title cpu load is typically way below one percent.
2. After some time, one of the threads starts to produce 100% cpu time
(on one logical core).
3. The music still plays for some time after this, then a dropout
occurs, the music stops.
4. After about 20-30 seconds cpu load drops and music comes back.

During phase 2-4, when cpu load is 100%, about 97 to 98% is kernel
time.
This looks like some kind of deadlock. It seems no data or not enough
data from LMS is received during this time and, since the thread that
feeds the output is still running, the input buffer gets starved.
When it is emptied the dropout occurs. There is still network activity
(TCP send and receive), but it seems no data gets transfered.
Entering phase 4 the deadlook is remedied with a TCP disconnect followed
by a TCP connect. Then data gets transfered and music resumes.

Is seems each title starts with a TCP disconnect followed by a TCP
connect, so one needs a suitable long MP3 to see the effect.
The problems timing depends on the buffer size (-b <x>) and on the
bitrate the MP3 is encoded with.
Using a 195kb/s VBR 6MB file (duration about 4 minutes) the blocking
usually starts 1:30 to 3:00 into the title.
For -b 256 phase 3 is about 20 sec, after 48 sec the deadlock is
resolved.
For -b 2048 phase 3 is about 93 sec, after 124 sec the deadlock is
resolved.

I cloned squeezelite from github to look further into it but couldn't
compile it via VS. Some source was missing.

A quick fix for me is -b 8192 or -b 16384. The problem then just doesn't
show up.