I'm using Windows Vista, & Slimserver 6.3.1
It's been working happily for three months, until today!

AlienBBC on my SB3 lists all the programs available by listen again,
but whatever I select, it says "unable to open remote URL"

I restarted the PC.
I reinstalled AlienBBC.
I ran the mplayer test batch file, which plays perfectly.
MY SB3 still doesn't!

While searching the forum for solutions, I saw I should try slim
--d_plugins. The output of this shows:

"2007-05-24 20:09:59.5074 ERROR: AsyncHTTP: Couldn't resolve IP address
for: www.bbc.co.uk"

..whenever I try to play something.

I turned the Windows firewall off; same result.

I checked I can do nslookup www.bbc.co.uk from a prompt - no problem
there.

The only thing I've changed on my PC recently that I can think of is to
set Firefox as my default browser.. can't see how that would change
anything.

I'll be grateful for any suggestions. I could try installing 6.5, but
I'm nervous of spending hours getting everything as I want it, which
has been my experience of previous upgrades! In any case, it worked
yesterday.

--
mecouc