cpd73 wrote:
> I agree, I'd prefer all icons.

There is a bit of a chain of events to this :

I was obliged to add in support what the BBC call a "single item promo"
(so that I can continue to demonstrate I'm following their distribution
policy).  Which is when they want to promote a single item on the
landing menu, they do these once a week or so.  You will see these as a
big banner front and centre on the BBC Sounds app or website.  I've
implemented it as a playable menu item that appears at the bottom of the
top level menu with image etc.

Once I'd done that, it looked daft with one menu item with artwork and
the rest just text, so that is when I implemented the icons (I'm
regretting making them the Sounds brand orange, I'm going to change
that, but hey, I'm no ux designer!)

For the 3 curated content menu (featured brands, daily editorial
choices, and recommendations), there wasn't an icon used on the website
to guide me and the title and type of content is dynamic anyway, so I am
just showing the image of the first item they are promoting.

To be fair to me,  that looks fine in most controllers (include
radio/touch etc) as the images whether they are icons or artwork are all
the same size.  I have to concede , it does look a bit wobbly on the
Material skin.

We all love material skin because it puts a slick modern looking UI on
top of our 'vintage' LMS :).  So I don't want to be accused of making
that look clunky!  So I'll pick some icons for the curated content
menus, but the "single item promo" will occasionally appear along with
the artwork.

*BBC Sounds Plugin Wiki* :
https://github.com/expectingtofly/LMS_BBC_Sounds_Plugin/wiki