barretap wrote:
> I was a bit optimistic to think that the buffering had been solved by
> downloading the updated LMS.   Thank you for offering to look at the
> log.  Unfortunately I could not find a way of attaching a file to a
> private message so I have attached it to this post.  It covers a period
> when the buffering was happening.
>
> Thank you

I really am at a bit of a loss as to what is going on.  There are no
errors in BBC Sounds.
At the start of that log, it is already quite a long way behind live.
Had you paused or rewound the live stream?

BBC Sounds is  being asked to stop providing the stream and seek to a
specific point. Every 30 or 40 seconds

The strange thing is as each time it is asking to start not more than 9
seconds on from where it asked to start 40 seconds ago.  Something is
very wrong.  I don't know whether it is your player or the transcoder or
both.

Is it transcoding to flac or PCM?

I wonder if this is a strange 48000hz thing the player is incorrectly
calculating where it is in the stream.  As a wild stab in the dark you
could set "Hide the audio sample rate from LMS" in the BBC Sounds
settings to on.

*BBC Sounds Plugin Wiki* :
https://github.com/expectingtofly/LMS_BBC_Sounds_Plugin/wiki