radish112 wrote:
> I recently restructured my library of FLAC files, and the complexity of
> the restructuring has meant that neither restoring my latest
> (pre-restructuring) scheduled backup of Trackstat nor the option to
> "Find alternative files" is successful in salvaging all of my Trackstat
> data.

You can always edit trackstat's backup xml files and manually search/
replace paths

> 1. What procedure can I use to achieve an absolutely fresh start with
> Trackstat? For example, could I achieve this by doing something as
> "simple" as deleting the persist.db file and other files? If so, where
> would I find such files?

First of all, it's important to understand that ratings / playcount are
LMS functionalities. trackstat synchronizes it's data with LMS.
Deleting  persist.db will delete LMS'  ratings / playcount  and
trackstat data.
You could delete trackstat's table from persist.db, keeping LMS' data.
However, if you move your audio files, LMS will lose it's  ratings /
playcount in any case.

> the deleted, incomplete data come right back and subsequently entered
> ratings data don't "stick."

not sure what you mean by "don't stick". If you set a rating, what
happens?

> I'll have no problems browsing and selecting the directory where I'll
> have read/write privileges. But although I've successfully done
> scheduled backups in the past, I can't remember how to create (?) the
> file that will store the initial backup of data.

You don't need to create any files, just configure backup in trackstat's
settings. Test by doing a "Backup to file" (to the same folder as the
scheduled backup)

'Various SW' (https://www.nexus0.net/pub/sw/): Web Interface | TUI |
Playlist Editor / Generator | Music Classification | Similar Music |
Announce | EventTrigger | Chiptunes | LMSlib2go | ...
'Various HowTos' (https://www.nexus0.net/pub/documents/LMS/): build a
self-contained LMS | Bluetooth/ALSA | Control LMS with any device | ...