radish112 wrote:

> I've done both scheduled backups and a manual backup, and they seemed to
> go ok. The relationship between the two still seems a little confusing
> to me, but I intend to continue with scheduled backups so if I ever have
> to "restore" from file" I can just point to the most recent scheduled
> backup file as the one from which the restoring will be done.

Scheduled and manual backup does the same thing. If you have setup
scheduled backups the primary use case of a manual backup would be to do
one just before a reinstall if you want to be sure to not loose data
since last scheduled backup. Also please note that there are no
automatic deletion of old backup files, so you may want to delete older
backups to avoid that they eventually take up a lot of disc space.

Developer of 'many plugins/applets'
(https://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/User_Erland.html)
*Starting with LMS 8.0 I no longer support my plugins/applets* ('see
here for more information'
(https://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?49483-Announce-New-versions-of-erlands-plugins&p=998836&viewfull=1#post998836)
)