mrw wrote:
> I experience very similar to you on the SB radio. But a few other aac
> streams seem to be ok (i.e. Classic FM aac).
>
> I've attached a sample log from the Radio, where we see a lot of "OUTPUT
> UNDERRUN" - these correspond to the glitches. I don't know why these
> should be happening.
>
> I note that the aac decoder is now provided in a shared library. Is it
> too fanciful to think that that might add overhead to the processing of
> aac ? I have no idea.
> Very odd.

I'd been running the r16835 radio firmware for a week playing mostly AAC
streams and didn't experience any issues like this with the shared aac
library.

It might be related to increased memory usage, as the shared aac library
is about 450K larger than the equivalent static jive binary.

I'll build an aac static linked jive binary, replacement for the radio,
as a way to help determine if that is the cause.

Going forward, it would very helpful to have a group for users willing
to test new releases before making them available in the update
channel.
I'll see how that might be setup in the future. For now, I'd like to get
a "stable" release of the firmware for everyone and not just me.

Ralphy

*1*-Touch, *5*-Classics, *3*-Booms, *2*-UE Radio
'Squeezebox client builds'
(https://sourceforge.net/projects/lmsclients/files/) 'donations'
(https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_donations&business=LL5P6365KQEXN&lc=CA&item_name=Squeezebox%20client%20builds&currency_code=USD&bn=PP%2dDonationsBF%3abtn_donate_SM%2egif%3aNonHosted)
always appreciated.