mrw wrote:
> Thank you for the confirmation of the notification that you are seeing.
> That helps.
>

> I am chasing a bug. I had some reason to believe that the underlying
> circumstances, in your case, had changed. But, in this case, it appears
> not, so the logs you have already provided are sufficient.
>
> Thanks for your help.
Thank you for looking into this.
I guess Startibartfast is correct that turning off software updates in
server settings has no effect on firmware updates. It might make it less
confusing if the player notification said firmware rather than software
updates are ready to download/install

Logitech Media Server Version: 8.0.1 - 1606928904 @ Thu Dec 3 01:21:23
CET 2020
Operating system: Debian - EN - utf8
Platform Architecture: x86_64-linux
Perl Version: 5.30.0 - x86_64-linux-gnu-thread-multi
IO::Socket::SSL: 2.067
Database Version: DBD::SQLite 1.58 (sqlite 3.22.0)

One SB Touch connected by Ethernet - Denon AVR -1912 Receiver,
Paradigm 4.1 speakers
SB Touch connected by Optical to Sabaj A4
amp and Energy bookshelf speakers
Two SB Radios wireless