cpd73 wrote:
> Unfortunately not with the way its currently implemented. Material
> embeds the Advanced search from the 'Classic' skin, and when you click
> on a link it browses via Material - the strings entered into advanced
> search are not saved anywhere, so can't really navigate back. This was
> the easiest way for me to implement this, as there is no JSONRPC API to
> perform advanced searches. Ideally I'd remove this Classic skin
> embedding and implement an API for Material to call, but that's a lot of
> work...

Thanks for the explanation. That makes sense.

Your explanation pointed me to a workaround. As long as I'm using
Material in a browser, either mobile or desktop, I can get what I want
by long-pressing (mobile) or right-clicking (desktop) on the album and
opening it in a new tab. Doesn't work in the apk, of course, but I can
easily switch back to using Material in a browser on mobile.

I'm happy.

LMS 8 nightly; 3 Squeezelite players connected by powerline ethernet; 5
wireless players connected via Airplay Bridge; 1 SqueezeAmp player
no high-end or esoteric audio gear
1 Squeezebox Radio (upgraded UE Smart Radio) now mostly retired