SumnerBoy;205021 Wrote:
> Hi, I have been using the Saver Switcher plugin for a while and think it
> is fantastic. However I have come across an issue which took a while to
> track down. If I turn my SB3 off and I have the saver switcher
> configured in 'off' mode, when I go to turn the SB3 back on, there is a
> delay of between 0-45secs, depending on how long it has been turned
> off.
>
> I.e. if the SB3 is off for a few minutes it will startup again
> instantly. But if I leave it off overnight, when I go to turn it on it
> takes 30-40s to start up again.
>
> Anyone else noticed this? Not sure what could be happening but I
> presume it could be some sort of memory leak?

That doesn't sound good. :-( Are you using the latest version, 1.16?
Does it seem to matter what screensaver is visible when you turn the
Squeezebox on?

You might want to enable verbose debugging for SaverSwitcher so we
could see if that offers any hints. To do that, edit
Plugins/SaverSwitcher/Plugin.pm, and look for the lines

# uncomment the next two lines to log everything:
#$log->setTypes('all');
#$log->setLevel(100);

and change them to

# uncomment the next two lines to log everything:
$log->setTypes('all');
$log->setLevel(100);

and restart Slimserver. Then look at what it prints to the log
(http://localhost:9000/log.txt) when you power on the Squeezebox.

I haven't heard of this problem before, and I can't imagine right off
what would cause this. Your Squeezebox should power on just fine (after
Slimserver calls the "leave" routine of the screensaver that is
visible), and some seconds after it powers on, SaverSwitcher should
notice that the Squeezebox is on, reset the "off" saver to
SaverSwitcher, and then do nothing. Oh, you will see SaverSwitcher
debug lines every time you press a button on the remote, though in most
cases it'll be a message like "calling original IR command".

Please let me know what you find -- post here, or send me a private
message or email.

-Peter

--
peterw

http://www.tux.org/~peterw/
free plugins: http://www.tux.org/~peterw/#slim
BlankSaver BottleRocket FuzzyTime SaverSwitcher SleepFade StatusFirst
VolumeLock