SumnerBoy;205548 Wrote:
> When I try to turn on the SB3 and there is this 20sec delay, when it
> finally does turn on, it shows the SqueezeBox splash screen - saying
> 'Free your music' etc. Therefore it isn't actually starting up until
> after this delay.
>
> I have tried pressing all sorts of buttons during this delay
> (previously) and they have no effect. Including power on/off.

OK, that's pretty odd. After the line
2007-05-30 09:24:52.6275 SaverSwitcher: not a digit, calling original
IR command
SaverSwitcher hands control over to other code (usually the Slimserver
default IR handling code), and shouldn't interfere. Next I'd suggest
enabling d_command and d_ir debugging and see what that registers in
the delay period. You don't have anything like BottleRocket, AMPSwitch,
IRBlaster, etc. that does anything when a player powers on/off, do you?

There definitely seem to be problems with SaverSwitcher and "when idle"
mode. This is largely due to imperfect code in SaverSwitcher that tries
to identify when a player is really in a screensaver mode. I don't
personally use "when idle" screensavers at all, so this is a use case I
often don't test. I don't think the idlesaver problems should cause the
trouble you're seeing (SS should either think it's OK to act and at
least get your first idle screensaver started, or, as I tend to see,
think it shouldn't act, do nothing, and leave you with behavior just
like choosing "None" for the when idle screensaver).

-Peter

--
peterw

http://www.tux.org/~peterw/
free plugins: http://www.tux.org/~peterw/#slim
BlankSaver BottleRocket FuzzyTime SaverSwitcher SleepFade StatusFirst
VolumeLock