SumnerBoy;206857 Wrote:
> I didn't press any other button (I don't think). I just pressed Power
> once to try and turn the device on, and then waited the 40s for
> something to happen.

OK. I was thinking that a couple problems could cause what you're
seeing, especially since you say that previously you tried pressing
buttons during the delay and nothing happened. One is that some code is
hanging/blocking and Slimserver isn't able to do anything during the
delay. Another is that Slimserver is receiving the IR codes from the
Squeezebox but for some reason is not acting on them. Another way to
test the theory of Slimserver code hanging/blocking would be to run a
second player (Softsqueeze?), have it "off" and showing the Date and
Time screensaver with seconds displayed, and see if Slimserver keeps
updating the seconds on that player while your main player is stuck in
the delay.

--
peterw

http://www.tux.org/~peterw/
free plugins: http://www.tux.org/~peterw/#slim
BlankSaver BottleRocket FuzzyTime SaverSwitcher SleepFade StatusFirst
VolumeLock