mherger wrote:
> > However, when checking for the existence of the file, it calls
> > Common::getLocalNameVariants which doesn't have the same
> transformation
> > of the name in the candidate list.
>
> Hmm... that might be an excellent catch! Will have to look into this.
> Thanks for the heads up!

Now this is interesting. Even after I made my change, it looks like it
is looking for the right file but doesn't not find it even thought it
exists!

Here's an example where André Previn.jpg keeps getting added every
time. First, I added a logging statement to the loop in
Common::imageInFolder to print out the file that is being looked for,

Code:
--------------------
                    foreach my $ext ('jpg', 'JPG', 'jpeg', 'JPEG', 'png',
'PNG', 'gif', 'GIF') {
  my $file = catdir($folder, $name . ".$ext");

  if (-f $file) {
  $img = $file;
  last;
  } else {
  main::INFOLOG && $log->info("$file does not exist"); # Added this
  }
  }

--------------------

and it is indeed failing to find André Previn.jpg,

Code:
--------------------
    [21-03-06 21:36:10.2987] Plugins::MusicArtistInfo::Common::imageInFolder
(76) /share/Public/LMS/ArtistPictures/André Previn.jpg does not exist

But it doesn't find it even though it is there and is findable by perl
with -f

Code:
    [\w] #  perl -e 'if(-f "/share/Public/LMS/ArtistPictures/André
Previn.jpg") { print "exists\n"; } else { print "does not exist\n"; }'
  exists

This seems completely contradictory. Am I missing anything?